Jefferson County - Then & Now : The Changing Face of Jefferson County
Title:
Looking east on Washington Street showing the Carter House on the far right, which was torn down in 1904; the Jefferson Hotel occupied this spot 1906-1966; the Bank of Charles Town now occupies this site.
Description:
Upper photo: Looking east on Washington Street from the Jefferson County Court House, showing the Carter House on the right. (IMG2)

Lower photo: The same view, 2014, showing the Bank of Charles Town on the Carter House site. (IMG2946)
Object ID:
IMG2 ve
Search Terms:
Bank of Charles Town
Carter House
Historic buildings of Jefferson County
Washington Street
Subjects:
Carriages & coaches
Commercial buildings
Horses
Stores & shops
Street life
Townscapes
Click to Enlarge
Looking east on Washington Street, prior to 1904Looking east on Washington Street, prior to 1904
Looking east on Washington Street, 2014Looking east on Washington Street, 2014